This avocado salad with carrot ginger dressing is sure to become a favorite simple side salad for weeknight meals!
Just popping in with a quick recipe today! I’d do my usual bloggy thing and fill up webspace talking about the recipe, life, intuitive eating, yada yada, but I managed to slice my finger open making vegetarian banh mi’s tonight, so this whole typing thing isn’t going so well. I actually had to layer on two bandaids because it was bleeding so bad – eek!
Anyway, this carrot dressing is pretty addictively good and this salad is super simple. Serve it with seared fish or topped with quinoa to make a complete meal. Enjoy leftover dressing with blanched or raw vegetables as a snack or use as a dipping sauce for dumplings or spring rolls.
HAVE YOU HIT DIET ROCK BOTTOM?
Are you done with diets and sick of feeling crazy around food? Are you ready to make peace with food and learn how to eat in a way that nourishes your body and soul? If so, then click here…
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, chopped, rinsed and dried
- 2 small avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Place all dressing ingredients except sesame oil in a blender. Blend on high and while motor is running, stream in sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce and avocado. Drizzle with carrot dressing and garnish with sesame seeds.
Carrot ginger dressing would also be delish with these recipes: