This Asian vegetable noodle soup with tofu uses spiralized zucchini and sweet potatoes in place of noodles to make a tasty, veggie packed, gluten free soup!
Hope my friends on the southern coast stayed safe and dry this weekend! Thanks to all who reached out to make sure we were safe in Columbia. Matthew brought a lot of wind and a lot of rain, but in the end, all we had to deal with was a lot of yard debris. Some of our friends weren’t so lucky. We had friends over on Saturday who lost power most of the day and our other friends had a tree fall on their (new) roof. What’s scary is that the night before, we were at their house to watch the Clemson game and were hanging out in the room that got hit!
After the storm had passed, we took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood. Holy moly guys – it was fall! I wore sweatpants and a fleece jacket and was still a little chilly! The first few days of fall weather are my favorite, so I’m soaking it up while I can. Cue the boots, thin sweaters and soup for every meal!
This Asian noodle soup is a fun way to use your spiralizer. Instead of using pasta noodles, this dish uses spiralized sweet potatoes and zucchini in gingery, Asian broth. I topped it with cubes of grilled tofu, but you could also use grilled chicken or add edamame. It takes only 30 minutes to make!
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 8 cups water
- 16 ounce tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
- 2 baby bok choy, stalks separated
- Sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- In a large pot, combine scallions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oiled grill pan on medium high heat. slice tofu in half, then into 1-inch slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill tofu for 3 minutes per side until grill marked. Set aside until ready to eat.
- After broth has simmered, add zucchini, sweet potatoes and bok choy. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Taste broth and season with salt, black pepper and more soy sauce, if desired.
- Serve soup topped with tofu an garnished with scallions and sesame seeds.
More Asian soups: