These one bowl vegan oatmeal cookies are perfect with crunchy sea salt, or bling them out with chocolate chips, shredded coconut and nuts!
Since I’ve made these cookies three times since I first created the recipe not even a month ago, I suppose it’s about time I share the recipe.
I knew these cookies were a winner the first time I sunk my teeth into the soft, caky cookie, just a few minutes out of the oven. But I didn’t realize how good they were until a couple weeks ago when the hubs and I threw an impromptu party for the Clemson vs. Auburn game. I didn’t have a ton of time to cook, so I served the rest of a batch of these. My friends were raving about them, something I didn’t expect for a gluten free and vegan cookie.
The best part about these cookies? You can make them entirely in the food processor or one big mixing bowl if you already have oat flour made! Like, hardly any cleanup at all.
The following is the basic recipe for these cookies. Feel free to stir in any mix-ins you like. Chocolate chips, shredded coconut and nuts are all smart life decisions. But really, I think I might prefer the plain version with just a sprinkle of crunchy salt mixed throughout.
HAVE YOU HIT DIET ROCK BOTTOM?
Are you done with diets and sick of feeling crazy around food? Are you ready to make peace with food and learn how to eat in a way that nourishes your body and soul? If so, then click here…
JOYFUL EATING, NOURISHED LIFE
Joyful Eating, Nourished Life is a 6 week virtual wellness program that teaches you how to get healthy without deprivation, calorie counting, or stress about food or exercise. It was created by three registered dietitians who specialize in intuitive and mindful eating – me, Anne Mauney and Alex Caspero. Our next group is starting October 10th, so click here for more information and to sign up.
- 1½ cups oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon crunchy sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cashew or almond butter
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse until oats are blended into a fine powder. Add coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt and pulse to combine.
- Add coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the food processor and pulse until well combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Place tablespoon sized scoops of dough evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.