This whole grain gazpacho pasta salad is packed with cucumbers, tomatoes and is the perfect make ahead lunch for back to school time.
I was asked to participate in the #PastaFits campaign as part of my work with Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make Avocado A Day Nutrition possible!
Hey guys! Excited to bring you the first of a 3-post collaboration with Pasta Fits! If you glance at my archives (or in my cabinet for that matter), you’d quickly see that I’m a big fan of pasta. Like, huge.
- 8 ounces 100% whole grain penne
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- pine of red chili flakes
- pinch of sugar
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced small
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped small
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- 1 8 ounce ball of mozzarella cheese
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, add canned tomatoes, basil, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, chili flakes and sugar to a food processor. Blend until pureed. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place diced vegetables, olives and cheese in a large bowl. Add dressing. When cooled a bit, add pasta and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will last 5 days in the fridge.