Now, here’s the fun part – a giveaway! One lucky reader will win a free copy of this this book thanks to Ulysses Press. You can earn up to three entries the following way:
1. Leave a comment below answering the question “have you ever made a mason jar salad?”
2. Follow me on facebook and leave a separate comment stating “I follow you on facebook”
3. Follow me on twitter and leave a separate comment stating “I follow you on twitter”
The winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments. If you win, I’ll get in touch to get your address to send the cookbook. The give away will run for one week until 8 am Tuesday September 23rd. This is a book you’ll definitely want in your collection, and probably the only one that can do double duty as a marriage counselor : )
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 8 cups arugula
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 1-quart mason jars
- Parchment paper
- Divide peaches between four mason jars. Top with pecans, arugula, and end with goat cheese.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Using parchment paper, make a little cup at the top of the mason jar, letting the sides overflow the lid. Pour the dressing into the parchment paper cup. Seal with a lid. Store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.