It’s peanut butter jelly time! Sorry, couldn’t help it : )
For the jelly part, I used freeze dried strawberries. I love freeze dried fruit because it has a nice crunch and isn’t as sugary as dried fruit, which is often made with added sugar. Find it in the same aisle as dried fruit or purchase it online.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup millet
- ¼ cup flax seed or chia seed
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce package freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, millet, flax or chia seeds, and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat peanut butter, honey, molasses, coconut oil and salt on medium heat, whisking frequently, until smooth and blended, about 3 minutes. Pour peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread granola mixture evenly across an oiled baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake 25 minutes. Mix three times during cooking by pushing the granola on the outside of the baking pan towards the middle, since it tends to burn easily around the edges.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. The oats will still feel soft but will crisp up as it cools. When cooled, mix in freeze dried strawberries and store in a covered container at room temperature.